Friday, October 26, 2012

Friday!!!!

Finally! Friday!!!! I know I say this every week, but the only way to describe Friday for me is that it's practically my holy day, because it's the only day of the week that I don't do homework. I've lost my illusions over time about no homework on the weekends, and no homework over summer breaks, and EVEN having homework on Halloween, but I categorically refuse to do homework on Friday.

And I will be continuing my Friday celebration of things that make living life worthwhile. This week, I am going to feature 7:00 in the morning. Now if you read my blog, you'll know that I normally have 7:00 a.m. Latin, which I didn't sign up for at all. My school forced this upon me and a number of other students because they thought it was a good idea to end the program at our school out of bureaucratic reasons that I cannot begin to fathom. And I have to have an IB language credit to get my full diploma, which means about three fourths of the way through the summer I learned that I would be taking the most difficult language my school has to offer at an ungodly hour. Don't get my wrong, I love me some Lingua Latina, I only despise the coercive 7 a.m. part of it. So why on earth would I be celebrating that which I hate? Today, though, I didn't have 7:00 Latin, and my alarm went off at 6:30 a.m. I got out of bed at 7:03. The experience was incredible. It's not the 7:00 that makes living worth while, it's getting a respite from a regular torture or unpleasantness that makes life worth living. So enjoy whatever respite you get whenever you get it, no matter how little, because it never lasts for long.


No comments:

Post a Comment