Friday, October 5, 2012

Friday!!!!

Finally, Friday! I had 3 huge tests this week, which was why I didn't post as much as I usually do. Considering that today is Friday and that I actually think I did alright on my math test, I am posting the next installment in my traditional Friday celebration of things that make life worth living.

Today, we watched the most mind-boggling video in Psychology today. Mind = Blown! I am such a science freak, but this is really something that everyone should be incredibly enthused about. To sum it up, scientists have figured out a way to use algae DNA to stimulate neurons using blue light. What's so exciting about that? Let me put it like this: they've been able to cure blindness in the preclinical trials on mice. WHAT?!?!? I know. It has so many possibilities, such as curing brain disorders and many other things too numerous to mention. This makes life worth living because the mere fact that this kind of research is going on is astounding. That we have that kind of know how and technology and that people go to work to do this is awesome. It's totally something that makes life worth living, and has the potential to improve the quality of living for so many people. 


(I know this looks horrific, but I don't think the fiber optic hurts it)


This better become a serious thing in the near future, because if this could be done to my neurons that handle memorization and comprehension, learning the material for all my classes would be much easier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment