Thursday, October 25, 2012

Attention, all Russians!

Russians, I know many of you read my blog. It's one of my favorite things about blogging that people on other continents can read what I write and take interest in it. Really, Russia has got to be one of my favorite countries, with its history, music, language, literature, art and the things that distinctly make Russia what it is. In TOK, we're discussing language and are doing a project that requires us to make an argument for a language to become the universal language established by the United Nations. My group has Russian. We have to make all sorts of arguments concerning its benefits and the possible cultural, economic, diplomatic, educational, and other changes to the world and society. I would love to hear from those of you who speak Russian and get an idea of what the language is like to those of you who live and breathe it. How does it affect your life, and in what ways? I am personally fascinated by linguistics and would love to have some input from the people who really know what they're talking about.

So, please comment. I would love to hear from you and get feedback. This is a great opportunity for me as an International student to embrace international relations and communications, and I'm very glad I have a method of doing so. Thanks for any comments or helpful advice!

4 comments:

  1. Um... I had hoped this would elicit more responses, and I know individuals from Russian speaking countries have looked at my blog since I posted this, so I would love to hear from one you fine people. And I would like to have faith in international relations, because the world is really lacking that with problems in the European Union and conflict in the United Nations. So I need someone to restore faith in humanity. At least by Friday, because that's when the project is being presented. Don't leave me hanging...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! Thanks for commenting and reading my blog!

    ReplyDelete