Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Kicking Some Serious Colonial Butt

First U.S. History test today. History is one of my favorite and best subjects, and I actually enjoy taking the tests and writing the essays. It was a good test, and I wrote a simply fabulous essay on how religion shaped the New England and Chesapeake colonies until 1740.

But, as with every test, I always get one song stuck in my head. It plays OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER in my head. That's not a bad thing in this case, considering what song was going through my head.


Despite being amazingly historically inaccurate, Pocahontas is not entirely useless for IB History. I plan on getting out my VHS copy (Yes, I still have it. You have a problem with that?), popping it into the tv, and treating myself to the magic of Disney at some point when I'm not drowning under piles of homework.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE POCAHONTAS! That song is how I learned that Jamestown was founded in 1607. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! It's really helpful how the three reasons for exploration are in the chorus. Sometimes I'll leave history class singing it the hallways despite all the strange looks I get. Too bad there was no real Colors of the Wind, or the 17th century wouldn't have been nearly as violent as it was.

    ReplyDelete