Saturday, November 3, 2012

The Week in Pictures

This week we did a little lab in Bio where we tested for the main biological macromolecules in foods we were supposed to bring. As an exemplary honor student, I of course forgot to bring in food and just used a carrot from my lunch and the remnants of a protein bar from the depths of my backpack. I took some great photos, though:

Science is not for the faint of heart.
Corrosive to body tissue
Doing science! 
That is my favorite color
Of course his candy corn melted and got stuck during le experiment
Me lookin' like a total bio boss. 
She blinded me with science!
Yes, we are trying to bake a potato in the lab. 
It's the most wonderful time of the year... Yes, the rehearsing of Christmas music has begun in Chorus. This year we're doing "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas," "Carol of the Bells," "The Christmas Song," "Sure Stars I Shall Find," and "Deck the Halls."






My twin also had her Individual Oral Presentation (IOP) in English this week on the life of F. Scott Fitzgerald and its role in The Great Gatsby. She spoke for 10 minutes, and presented her project like a speakeasy party of the Jazz Age. Her lecture was in the form of a toast to Fitzgerald and we all got little invitations (they said "You are cordially invited to my little party, Old Sport. - Jay Gatsby"), and drank ginger ale from plastic champagne flutes. Hands down best IOP yet this year!




We also presented our arguments in TOK for why a particular language (my group's was Russian). All the presentations went swimmingly, and Russian surprisingly had quite a few really good points that we made.

Arabic
Chinese
English
Russian
Spouting linguistic intellect
Me expostulating intelligently about the cultural ramifications of Russian becoming the language of the U.N. while my two friends unknowingly make strange faces.
More information about Russian


No comments:

Post a Comment